Would you marry someone you just met on a blind date? Like… literally just sat down at the dinner table, they reach into their pocket, present you with a ring, and pop the question? Or would you immediately tell them you left your water running at home and make a mad dash for the exit?
Me? There would be an Amanda shaped hole in the wall. BYE!
When you run ads for your service or product on social media, this is exactly what you are doing to your potential clients. You’re expecting them to make a BIG commitment when they haven’t even gotten to know, like, or trust you. YIKES.
How to create know, like, and trust in business.
So let’s discuss something I like to call the “funnel of love.”
The FUNNEL OF LOVE is a great way to date your client with respect and appreciation while giving them the space to make their ultimate decision about committing to you. Let’s dive in:
1. KNOW: first, your potential client has to KNOW about you. They learn about you through the information you freely give via social media, online communities, or word of mouth. This is the first step to warming your cold leads. Here’s a few things you can do on social media to warm them up:
- Curated IG feed
- Best of Best from your portfolio / sessions
- Curated highlight covers
- Purposeful IG BIO to hook followers
2. LIKE: Now that they know who you are, it’s time for them to decide whether or not they like you. They like you through becoming acquainted with your style of speech, personality, and visual representation. This is why it is so important to be authentic in your presence & be the face of your brand. Want to get your IG audience to like you? Here’s what you can do:
- Engagement worthy captions
- Responding to comments
- Shared personal life / humor / personality
- BTS of brand experience
- Content bucket highlights
3. TRUST: this is the final factor before they commit to spending money with you. Potential clients learn to trust you through consistent presence, delivery of value, results, & user generated content. The following list are great ways to boost your trust factor on social media:
- Freebies that lead to subscribers
- Weekly or Monthly Newsletter Campaigns
- Calls to Action for booking with you
These three factors are the TRIFECTA for converting a potential client into a paying client and can mean a long lasting relationship between them and your brand!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment