Want to BOOK MORE CLIENTS? Get them to fall in love with your client experience 𝘉𝘌𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘌 they even hire you. You want them to be so excited, they can’t wait to work with you!
How the heck do we do that? It all starts with creating the ultimate brand presence. We need to showcase that client experience with a collection of brand images. Not just our portfolio (which is the go-to for most photographers) but a visual display so that our potential client can see themselves in that experience.
𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞:
1. 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐁-𝐑𝐨𝐥𝐥: These don’t include your client… just images of what makes up the experience. Capture your studio setup, makeup palettes, clothes hanging in your fashion closet, hair styling tools, accessories, etc. These make great background images to set the seat and help tell the setting of your brand story.
2. 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬: This is your opportunity to show off who you truly are. Don’t stop at just your bio pics! Get action shots of you shooting, you in your studio, you with a laptop, you setting up props, laughing, etc. Add as much personality in these images as possible. This is how someone who hasn’t met you will feel you’re relatable. And don’t forget to be YOU in these images. Sure, take a few professional headshots with a blazer and your camera in hand. But if you live in leggings and your fave college sweatshirt, take a few shots in what you’re most comfortable in.
3. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬: These images are not only a showcase of what your brand sells, but also a visual motivator to sell more products and therefor increase your income. These should capture all of your samples, client orders, canvases hanging on the wall, your client browsing an album, etc. If you sell products, you must show what you sell. Without these images, nobody will know you have anything to offer other than a shot and digital images.
4. 𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬: This is really where your audience can see themselves in the experience you provide. This category includes images of your client getting their makeup and hair done, trying outfits on in the style closet, posing for images, opening up her products, etc.
5. 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬: These images are for you to market things like blog posts, client galleries, sneak peeks, website pages, client hubs and so much more. It’s good to have iPhone, laptop, iPad, and computer images for you to Photoshop your internet presence into.
So tell me, how many out of those five categories do YOU have for your brand presence? Do you have some shooting to do?!?
If you’re interested in planning out your own branding session that will help you curate an incredible variety of branding images, you’re in luck! Check out our brand new FREE GUIDE: The Brand Image Inspiration & Planning Guide!