Friends, I am not one to keep my failures to myself. I like to use them as learning opportunities and then once I find a solution, share it with you. I’m all for saving time and energy in the photography industry because let’s face it, it isn’t easy.
We’ve talked about WHY you should diversify your marketing efforts and not put all of your eggs into the IG basket and we even discussed how to use a newsletter system to quite literally make money in your sleep. Hopefully you’re beginning to see how valuable a newsletter system can be. Now I want to share with you about my newsletter failures so that you don’t make the same mistakes I did.
Here are the 5 biggest mistakes I made with email marketing:
1. Not Having a List At All: I lost out on so much income because I wasn’t building a relationship with my audience beyond pics on social media.
2. Not Offering Freebies: Want more subscribers? Give them a taste of what they can expect from you with a valuable freebie in exchange for their email address.
3. Not Being Consistent: I STILL struggle with this sometimes, but when you’re consistent, you’re building that know, like, & trust factor! They learn they can depend on you and that is HUGE!
4. Not Adding Personality: my newsletter views EXPLODED once I allowed myself to be more conversational & personality driven in my copy. Turns out, some people even think I’m funny (insert shock here).
5. Not Adding High Value Content: I used to only use my newsletter to sell (huge yikes) because I thought my audience didn’t want to hear my thoughts or have time to read yet another newsletter. I was SO WRONG. Since adding educational value, my opens and views have launched beyond my wildest dreams.
So let’s dive in. Let’s do this! Let’s get your newsletter system started TODAY! DID YOU HEAR?!? Today we are opening an incredible educational community FOR FREE!!! Sean Brown with Sean Brown Productions and I are teaming up to put together a 3 Day FREE Challenge all about how you can learn how to break your IG habits & market beyond the gram with an incredibly easy newsletter marketing system!
Last week I posted about the Marketing Rule of 7, but did you also know that…
✓E-mail campaigns are 43% MORE EFFECTIVE than social media
✓Studies have found that for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect a $42 return on investment.
✓Most of your competitors in the photography industry do NOT have newsletter marketing campaigns.
In this challenge group, we’re going to be diving into why you NEED to be utilizing lead magnets, Facebook ads, and email newsletter marketing to get in front of more people, increase your inquiries and get more clients on your calendar! Not only that, but we’re going to be diving into how you can get started NEXT WEEK and get the ball rolling!
If you’re a photographer or creative who’s stuck on how to get new clients and Instagram is not working how it used to… This is for you!!